There wasn’t an episode last week because I was and am listening more than talking. I am committed to following, amplifying and supporting Black voices moving forward. This is our 300th episode. Which feels like a big milestone to celebrate, but also an opportunity to reflect and own how I can continue to improve and amplify the voices and work of marginalized people.
There wasn’t an episode last week because I was and am listening more than talking. We were muted to amplify voices of BIPOC last week. And I am committed to following, amplifying and supporting Black voices moving forward. This is our 300th episode. Which feels like a big milestone to celebrate, but also an opportunity to reflect and own how I can continue to improve and amplify the voices and work of marginalized people.
Mental Health Resources for the Black community:
The Loveland Therapy Fund - helps cover therapy costs for Black women and girls
The Nina Pop Mental Health Recovery Fund and The Tony McDade Mental Health Recovery Fund from the Okra Project - emergency mutual aid fund that raises money to pay for one-time mental health therapy sessions for Black Trans people with licensed Black therapists
BEAM (Black Emotional and Mental Health) - Online Black-centered support and healing
Fat Women of Color Collective - private online community led by Ivy Felicia created to support fat women of color in healing their relationships with their bodies
- A portion of the revenue from this episode will be donated to The Loveland Therapy Fund. Please join me in supporting them if you can!
- Let It Out List of Anti-Racism Resources
- Erica Chidi's video on Instagram
- Talk on white fragility with Robin DiAngelo, Erin Trent Johnson, + Aaron Morrison
- Full written interview with Christy Harrison on redefining terms
- Let It Out Episode with Savala Nolan
- I Started Dieting at Age 4. I Know How Harmful Weight Watchers' new 'Kids' program is. by Savala Nolan
- Black and Brown People Have Been Protesting for Centuries. It's White People Who Are Responsible for What Happens Next. by Savala Nolan
- Spiritual Activism with Rachel Ricketts
- Leesa Renee Hall's Patreon with journaling prompts to explore unconscious biases
- Dive In Well
- Me and White Supremacy - Layla Saad (book)
- Anti-racism practice group with Lenéa Sims
- Some of our favorite Let It Out episodes with BIPOC guests (see highlight at top of page)
- Anti-racism resources highlight on Katie's Instagram
- Leave us a voice message
- Let It Out Episode with Claire Fountain
- Let It Out Episode with Danny Kornfield
- Let It Out Episode with Abbi Miller
- Let It Out Episodes with Isabel Foxen Duke
- Let It Out Episode with Cora Poage
- Let It Out Episode with Mari Andrew
- Let It Out Episode with Erin Claire Jones
- Let It Out Episodes with Sid Garza-Hillman
- Let It Out Episode with Simi Botic
Questions I'm pondering:
- How can I amplify voices of others?
- How can I notice my blindspots and correct them quickly?
- What actions am I taking? Daily? Weekly? Ongoing?
- Making a lot of lists.
- How can I listen more?
- How can I hold myself accountable?
- How can I hold community accountable?
- How can I fight for justice?
Skillshare is offering our listeners 2 months of free Premium Membership. Explore new skills, deepen existing passions, and get lost in creativity, with classes from Skillshare. Skillshare is a great resource to have so you can stay inspired, express yourself, and connect to a community of creatives, with fascinating classes on topics like drawing and writing, which can be a great way to help manage stress, practice mindfulness, and feel connected to one another. Get 2 months free at skillshare.com/letitout
StoryWorth is a fun and meaningful way to engage with family, especially with relatives you might not get to see often. This online service helps your loved ones share stories through thought-provoking questions about their memories and personal thoughts, and makes a great gift for family and friends who you might not get to see in person. Get $10 off your first purchase at StoryWorth.com/letitout.
new to *let it out* --> start with these links
katie's site: https://katiedalebout.com/
our start here guide: https://letitouttt.com/general/start-here/
++ LET IT OUT letter
katie's book: https://amzn.to/2W4bHuf
LET IT OUT kits